Monday, July 8, 2013

IF I COULD GO BACK


"Jenny's View"
My home on the Rogue River

The bubbling and gurgling of the water as it passes over the gray speckled rocks is hypnotic. I sit on the soft grassy bank with my pen and tablet watching and listening with anticipation, as each day, true to itself, the river gives freely of its sounds and visions, creating honest moments, moments that stand still and become scenery in my mind, stored away to be used as backdrops for daydreams and hopes.

How surreal it is, knowing that Zane Grey once sat in this very spot, found pleasure in the same brilliant colors offered by the full mountains and sun-touched trees that watch from across the river. The same soft penetrating noises calmed his soul as he wrote his famous book, Robber’s Roost. I wonder if the abundance of peace that holds me so tightly in this beautiful place was as overwhelming and interruptive to him as it is to me.   This tranquil wonder that heightens my creative abilities also distracts me from the writing job at hand; my thoughts turn inward and my pen reveals, even to me, the secrets of my soul ....... Jenny Lee  2007


We all have a special place where we used to go and sit and think, a place where we could cry alone, a place where true sadness could be released and nature could heal. Sometimes we would visit this place just to regenerate, to get back the feeling of balance. Our special places are as much a part of our memories and past as are the people we have loved and lost on our journey. Sometimes we are lucky enough to go back and visit, and unlike the people we meet again from out past, nothing changes when we are reunited with our old friend.




This was my special place. If I could go back, I would say sorry for leaving. I miss you.

Jenny Lee





1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear from others about the special places in your life. Jenny Lee

    ReplyDelete